Wandering through the city center you can meet the following musicians, artists and acts:
- Theatergroep Maskerade a group of 15 singers, performs Christmas Carols in period costumes from the Dickensian era.
- De Gorgonen, walking improvisation theatre by Clara van de Boom, Claudia Verschuren, Marleine Verbeek and Rieneke Batelaan.
- Kerstwind, (“Christmas Wind”) like a whirlwind they wander through the center with all the traditionals in their repertoire. To be seen for the first time during Gouda by Candlelight.
- Salvation Army Brassband roams the city in its own way and plays wherever there is space
- Pretkapel de “Uit”bloazers is a brass band consisting of a group of eight enthusiastic musicians. They play well-known Christmas songs, and they know how to create a real Christmas atmosphere!
- Barrel organ De Panfluiter drives through the streets of the center.
18.20 – 19.00 uur
Warm up of the ceremony by the tree
19.00 – 20.00 uur
For the 67th edition, BULKOUT, the resident band of the Theaterbakkerheij, guarantees a fairytale atmospheric concert around the Tree, in which the sing-along content is stimulated by a number of choirs and the Gouda soloists Martin van der Starre, and Elise Mannah. Together with the deputy mayor of Kongsberg, the Children’s Board (“Kinder College”) and of course our own mayor Pieter Verhoeve, they will give substance to the theme “Back together” and light the lights in the tree at 20:00. That is also the kick off for the extensive evening program in the city center of Gouda.
Music Kiosk (in front of “Gewoon Gouds”)
In the afternoon you can enjoy 6 primary school choirs from Gouda, who will showcase their most beautiful Christmas repertoire.
14.30 – 14.45 uur Basisschool De Bijenkorf
15.00 – 15.15 uur Basisschool De Triangel
15.30 – 15.45 uur De Westerschool
16.00 – 16.15 uur Casimirschool
16.30 – 16.45 uur Basisschool De Cirkel
17.00 – 17.15 uur Basisschool De Ridderslag
17.15 – 17.45 uur
Mizzelto is a Christmas choir from Utrecht, consisting of 20 members. They sing multi-voice repertoire, in Dutch, English and Latin. They are accompanied by the accordion.
20.00 – 22.00 uur
The JD’s Big Band from Dordrecht – in the Christmas season rebranded as JD’s Jingle Bells Big Band – will play the swinging versions of the well-known Christmas songs, both instrumentally and vocally.
Arriva stage (In front of “Arti Legi”)
In the afternoon you can enjoy 6 primary school choirs from Gouda, which showcase their most beautiful Christmas repertoire:
14.30 – 14.45 uur De Westerschool
15.00 – 15.15 uur Basisschool De Bijenkorf
15.30 – 15.45 uur Casimirschool
16.00 – 16.15 uur De Ridderslag
16.30 – 16.45 uur Basisschool De Triangel
17.00 – 17.15 uur De Cirkel
17.15 – 17.45 uur
Sara Letsch has her own sound and will perform songs by Coldplay and Billie Eilish, accompanied by guitarist Daan.
20.00 – 20.45 uur
Once In A Lifetime is a four-piece acoustic cover band. They play well-known music from Jefferson Airplane to Adele, with a nice chill vibe.
21.00 – 21.45 uur
Sophie de Bruin is a 20-year-old Singer-Songwriter from Woerden, with a great love for the Dutch language and theatre. Listen to the classic Christmas hits with a touch of jazz that she will sing together with her great band.